Monday, July 5, 2010

Rocket's Red Glare

Rocket's Red Glare- 13" x 19" - acrylic on illustration board

Happy Independence Day everyone! OK, I know it's not really the 4th of July today, but I do have the day off from teaching classes today. I thought I'd post an interior shot from my recent Boys' Life Magazine project. The story is a fictional account of the writing of the Star Spangled Banner.  I showed the cover image in an earlier post - have a look if you missed it. I just found out Friday that I will indeed be travelling to the 2010 National Boy Scout Jamboree at Fort A.P Hill, Virginia to sign posters of the cover at the Boys' Life Magazine booth. It should be a fun, albeit quick trip. I'll post photos of the excursion sometime after I get back. So now go eat a good burger and watch some fireworks - nothing more American than that, right?

No comments: